Window of Opportunity
Windows Of Opportunity – $1000 Grants Available to NC K-12 Teachers
THINK….ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION! ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION! ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION!!!
- Do you have a terrific idea which will create student excitement about environmental stewardship and will promote the protection of our natural resources?
- Will your idea cultivate student appreciation of the natural environment by getting the students outside?
- Is your idea sustainable year to year?
Let NC Beautiful help with financial support and encouragement as you develop your ideas. Since 1999, NC Beautiful, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, has provided K-12 teachers across North Carolina with resources to develop EDUCATIONAL programs that enhance and support the Common Core & Essential Standards. Through the Windows of Opportunity competitive grant, teachers are rewarded for their innovation and creativity as they promote environmental stewardship with their students to improve appreciation of the environment, and, in turn, the beauty of our State. We look forward to serving you!
Grants: Up to $1000 per teacher or classroom for use between January and June.
Eligibility: Windows of Opportunity are available to the following:
- Certified K-12 teachers in the state of North Carolina; Project leaders must be full time teachers at the applicant school.
- The applicant school must be a recognized, accredited institution within the state of North Carolina. Public, private, and charter schools are eligible.
- The applicant school must follow the recognized Common Core & Essential Standards. After-school programs, mentoring programs, and preschool programs are not eligible.
- Prior recipients of grants may not re-apply in two consecutive years.
APPLICATION: The application should be completed and uploaded with the following timeline:
- Submission period – August 1 – November 30, 2021\
- Evaluation of Applications – December, 2021
- Winners Announced – January, 2022
- Grant Period – January – June, 2022
- Final Report (Narrative) with Pictures & Copies of Receipts – June 30, 2022
The FINAL REPORT should include the following:
- Your evaluation of the project, if it can be sustained year-to-year, a summary of what you accomplished
- Pictures of the project’s progress (please include children)
- Number of students affected directly and indirectly
- Copies of all receipts with an accounting of the money spent. If there is money left at the end of the grant period, a reimbursement check needs to be sent to NC Beautiful, PO Box 31745, Raleigh, NC 27609-1745.
Click here for Application Details.