Michael Green, CEO
Cohen & Green Salvage Co.
A native of Fayetteville, North Carolina, Michael grew up working on his father’s recycling yard. After completing his B.S. in Industrial Engineering at NC State, Michael returned to Fayetteville to run the family’s three recycling businesses (located in Fayetteville, Lumberton and Raeford), with his father and brother. The businesses are now owned and operated by Michael and his minority partner, Jerry Parsek.
Among his certifications, Michael is a licensed Real Estate broker and continues to serve on many national and community boards. In 2007, he received the Al Pruit Visionary Award from the Cumberland County Business Council.
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (Past President or the National President’s Group; Past President, Southern Chapter)
- Fayetteville Rotary Club
- Fayetteville Area Economic Development Corporation (Past President)
- Cumberland County Business Council (Board Member)
- North Carolina Beautiful (Board Member)
- Pope Air Force Base Special Activities Committee (Board member and Past President)
- Salvation Army (Board Member)
- Friends of the Cancer Center, Cape Fear Valley Medical Center (Board Member)
- Beth Israel Congregation (Board member and Past President)
- Cape Fear Industries (Treasurer and Board Member)
Outside of his community involvement, Michael enjoys golfing and traveling with his wife Lynette and two sons, Jared and Steven.