Environmental / Undergraduate ScholarsNot Available These competitive grants provide $3,000 to support a student’s research and training. As a part of the project, a budget is required and NC Beautiful funds can only be used to compensate for these budgeted expenses. Tuition and fees should not be included in the budget. This application process has two parts beginning with the simple check-off nomination. In order to encourage competition and to give as many students as possible the experience of participating in a grant writing process, NC Beautiful requires that at least THREE (3) students be nominated from each university. Undergraduate nominees must meet these preliminary criteria, in order to submit an abstract about research efforts underway in your program or department. The accompanying check-off sheet has more detailed questions regarding your nominee. The Nominee should:
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative, creative and original in their thinking, to understanding the global environmental picture, North Carolina’s place in it and relate these to their current research
- Be involved in research related to sustaining the health and beauty of North Carolina’s environment
- Be a full-time student in your program
- Be at least a rising Junior for academic year 2008-09
- Be willing to be an environmental ambassador for NC Beautiful
- For students who wish to enter the competition a second time, the Nominee should:
- Have submitted an application in a prior year, but did not receive a grant
- May have moved to a different level of study or another degree, still meets the above criteria, and the Faculty Sponsor feels that the student is now better qualified
Part 2 – Project description, detailed budget, and transcripts will be due by March 15, 2009.
Announcement of Scholarship awards will be by April 30, 2009.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details